HAIVISIO project team is carrying out extensive analysis of assets and barriers to market penetration faced by many EU projects in the field of eHealth, Active Ageing and Independent Living.
In this respect, HAIVISIO project team is organizing a roundtable targeting to SMEs and project partners who are interested to learn and discuss the findings of the HAIVISIO project to improve their business model and facilitate market take up of their products/services.
The event takes place in the context of “EU Marketplace for eHealth & EIP on Active and Healthy Ageing” part of the “Growing the Silver Economy in Europe” https://www.b2match.eu/eu-marketplace-brussels2014
Monday 22 September 2014,
Check the Meet & Debate Table Sessions: https://www.b2match.eu/eu-marketplace-brussels2014/pages/themed-table-chats
Associated event: “EU Marketplace for eHealth & EIP on Active and Healthy Ageing” part of the “Growing the Silver Economy in Europe” https://www.b2match.eu/eu-marketplace-brussels2014
Organiser: Haivisio Project - 7th Framework Programme
- Description: The most recent analysis of assets and barriers to market penetration will be presented by the HAIVISIO project, whose work has gathered insights from EC-selected EU projects in the field of eHealth, Active Ageing and Independent Living. This roundtable invites business stakeholders, SMEs, service providers and project partners to learn and discuss the findings of the HAIVISIO project to improve their business model and facilitate market take up of their products/services.
- Speaker: Rodd Bond, Netwell Centre, Ireland, Dundalk Institute of Technology.
Moderator: Blanca Jordan, ATOS Solutions (project coordinator).
Participants: 10-12 (companies, researchers, patients/citizens representatives, public authority, hospital, etc.)
- Duration: 45 min (Speaker: 10 min and Discussions with the participants: 35 min)
Round table discussion topics
... from research and innovation to sustainable socio-economic impact. To prepare yourself we are providing the discussion topics. Our priority is to have an efficient and effective discussion about the findings of the HAIVISIO project and help you to improve your business models and facilitate the market take up of your products/services.
BRIDGING THE CHASM from research and innovation to sustainable socio-economic impact
The “EU Marketplace for eHealth & EIP on Active and Healthy Ageing” part of the “Growing the Silver Economy in Europe” event, was a great opportunity for the HAIVISIO project to organize two roundtables and present the current analysis of assets and barriers to market penetration, whose work has gathered insights from EC-selected EU projects in the field of eHealth, Active Ageing and Independent Living.
A remarkable number of approximately 30 people participated at the HAIVISIO roundtables, including business stakeholders, SMEs, European Commission employees, and European project partners.
HAIVISIO project members presented:
- the strategy exploration model, and- the initial analysis of the assets and exploitation challenges of the currently engaged active projects within the HAIVISIO community yields a set of key objectives to be incorporated into downstream strategic communications and synergies action plans.
- the early work undertaken within HAIVISIO, focusing on the exploration of strategic communications and synergies across projects in the e-health, ageing well and independent living domains
- the explored range of reference frameworks to provide a cross-project analytical frame that could span the range of assets, capabilities and challenges identified by the projects
Our morning session discussions led to the conclusion that research and academia have different objectives than the ones of companies. This issue make difficult to reach the market in a more effective way. The final goal of both, should not be to commercialize the whole thing together but also the parts to obtain better benefits. Besides, Regions are being aligned with H2020 and the strategies go more in the direction of bigger pilots and more efficient planning.
Moreover, the afternoon session discussions enhanced the above conclusion, stating that the nowadays the market fragmentation is huge and this is a problem when new things try to enter it, e.g. AAL projects are already commercial products in the market. Instead of creating new integrated solutions it is important to think about interfacing with different pieces of existing solutions. Healthcare is still a market where we need a change, it is important to look to other markets to look for best practices that may be applied to our market and make it exploit. The HAIVISIO project will continue the analysis of EU projects assets and barriers to market penetration, and will spread the information with all the registered members to the website.
Follow HAIVISIO's board HAIVISIO Roundtable on Pinterest.